Untapped Halal Business Opportunities for Kazakhstan
On November 3, 2021, the AIFC Business Connect together with the Halal Trade and Marketing Center (UAE) held a joint webinar on the topic: “Untapped Halal Business Opportunities for Kazakhstan”, intended for manufacturers and exporters of Halal products to enter the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) markets.
This webinar touched upon the rules and regulation of the Halal market and factors of its development, as well as the business opportunities for Kazakh exporters to enter the markets of Muslim countries and the perspectives for Islamic Finance to support the Halal industry and trade were discussed during the panel sessions.
A welcome remarks were given by:
- Bakhtiyar Tleubekov, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the AIFC Business Connect
- Abdur Rahim Ghulam Nabi, Senior Advisor of the DAFZA
- Nurlan Yesmagambetov, Head of Investments of the AIFC Business Connect
The speakers at the first panel session “Business opportunities for Kazakh exporters to enter the markets of Muslim countries”, are as follows:
- Thomas Guerrero, Manager of the Halal Trade and Marketing Center
- Almat Orynkali-uly, Head of the Department of Methodology and Standardization of the National Accreditation Center (NCA)
- Ayimgul Nurgalieva, Deputy Director of the Project Development Department of JSC “Center for the Development of Trade Policy “QazTrade”
- Aidar Zhanturin, Senior manager of the AIFC Business Connect, moderator
The speakers at the second panel session “Islamic Finance to support the development of halal industry and trade”, are as follows:
- Zhaksylyk Zhumanov, Head of the branch of JSC “Islamic Bank “Al Hilal” in Nur-Sultan
- Alisher Kozhasbayev, Chairman of the Board of JSC “Al Sakr Finance”
- Rano Baraeva, representative of JSC “Kazakhstan Ijara Company”
- Madina Tukulova, Deputy Head of the AIFC Hub for Islamic Finance and Business, moderator
The recording and materials of the webinar are available at the following links:
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or by phone number +7 7172 61 3743.