AIFC Business Connect conducted a webinar on the topic of “Funding Opportunities and Key Requirements of Private Equity Funds focused on Central Asia”.
The aim of the webinar was to explain the strategy of private equity funds with a geographical mandate in Central Asia, to introduce project holders to potential investors and to facilitate the partner prospecting process. In addition, the distinguished speakers shared the experience gained in the region and their success stories.
Speakers included representatives of the following funds:
- Sturgeon Capital Ltd., a London-based investment boutique focused on building leading tech businesses in frontier markets;
- AV Frontiers, an investment management firm based in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. AV Frontiers is owned by Kyrgyz financial institution Frontiers and Washington DC-based impact investment manager AV Ventures, a subsidiary of development organisation ACDI/VOCA;
- Elbrus Capital, a leading Russia and CIS-focused private equity fund;
- Ansher Capital, part of the holding company Ansher Investments LLP (UK), successfully doing business at the regional and international level and is the most titled investment bank in Uzbekistan;
- Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), a multilateral development financial institution and is part of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Group, the company provides equity, debt financing and financial advisory services in accordance with the Islamic banking and finance principles;
- Resources Capital Group (RCG), a private investment firm with focus on natural resources in Kazakhstan and Central Asia;
- Crossboundary Group, an investment firm that also provides a range of due diligence and transaction services.
The recording of the webinar is available at the following link: https://bit.ly/3r851uF