AIFC Fintech (https://tech.aifc.kz/) is a meeting point for global startups, entrepreneurs, investors, industry’s top experts and great talent pool.
Our role is to help develop a more diverse and knowledgeable fintech space in Kazakhstan and the region with a pipeline of opportunities for venture capital funds and financial institutions.
Our modern infrastructure, flexible regulations, easy communication environment and legal transparency are aimed to attract tech companies and become one of the leading fintech hubs.
- FinTech Lab (https://afsa.aifc.kz/fintech-lab/) is a tailored live environment, where firms can offer innovative financial and RegTech services without being immediately subject to the full set of regulatory requirements. FinTech Lab allows:
- Firms licenced in foreign jurisdictions to test the regional markets with minimum resources and presence in AIFC.
- Start-up firms to provide activities regulated in the AIFC by gradually complying with regulatory requirements.
- Both incumbent and start-up firms to test new products and technologies in live environment with real clients. For more information on eligibility criteria for FinTech Lab, please see the AIFC Financial Technology Rules.
- FinTech HubIn light of the global boom in the development of digital technologies – primarily financial ones, innovative technologies have become one of the priority areas for activities of the AIFC Authority. AIFC Fintech is a point of integration between innovation and new ideas with a view to promoting economic development in Central Asia. Our mission is to bring together key participants in the financial technologies ecosystem, international partners, experts, entrepreneurs, start-ups and technology projects to stimulate the development of financial technologies. StartUp Support Programme of FinTech Hub (https://fintech.aifc.kz/fintechstars/ ) – Fintechstars is a startup support program within the AIFC Fintech Hub. The objective is to increase the number of new fintech solutions available on the market that contribute to the development of fintech ecosystems and a cashless economy in Kazakhstan and Central Asia. The projects conducted by us provide all financial players with access to new technologies, joint initiatives, access to foreign markets, as well as obtaining qualified assistance from the best experts.To find more information on current programs and support services for fintech startups click on the link: fintechstars.aifc.kz The Corporate Innovation department’s (goal is to develop the corporate innovation market in Kazakhstan by creating a platform for companies open to innovation, accelerators, incubators, innovation hubs, laboratories, product technology teams, and corporate venture funds. We are creating an Innovation Competence Centre, that will bring together the best practices, experts in the transformation of various industries, cases of local and international companies.The department launches a number of educational programs for corporations and startups. It provides support and assistance in launching corporate accelerators, scouts technology solutions and teams both in the local and foreign markets.To learn more click on the link: corpfintech.aifc.kz Venture Capital (VC) (Support is a newly-established division of the AIFC Fintech Hub. The objective of the VC Support is to build healthy Venture Capital Ecosystem and enhance the fundraising and deal-making capabilities of the Central Asian and CIS startups as well as deal-structuring capacity within AIFC. Our Investors’ Network includes international VC funds, angel investors, corporate investors, accelerators, and family offices. We are also building a strong relationship with local and regional startup hubs, IT parks, universities, and accelerators. To register please click on the link: https://tech.aifc.kz/vc/